This kit is meant to replace the stock shift system in your bike, and provides a shift that feels and sounds smoother and quieter, as well as a positive Neutral engagement. No more rolling your bike back and forth to find Neutral!
Our new BAKER Cruise Drive Smooth Shift Kit installs into all stock Cruise Drive bikes (2006- up Dyna, 2007 – up Touring).
- Easier to find neutral - Redundant neutral feature, and improved ratchet pawl geometry assist the rider in finding neutral the first time, every time.
- Smoother, more positive shifting - Smoother, positive shifting is achieved by incorporating advanced geometry in the fork pin groves, and the integration of a linear detent bearing on the right side mounting plate.
- Reduced shift effort - The fixed spindle drum design offers lower friction as the drum rotates, reducing the effort required by the rider to complete a shift.
- Less shift clunk - Each design improvement combines in a precise mechanical choreography that is inherently silent.
- Prevents mis-shifts The ratchet pawl design incorporates an anti-overshift feature for both up and downshifts that prevent the rider from skipping over a gear.
- Easy Installation - There is no need to disassemble the stock gearset from the bearing door. Just pull out the stock gearset, and swap out the stock shift drum and pawl for the BAKER Smooth Shift Kit Drum & Ratchet Pawl
- No adjustments needed for the ratchet pawl or shift drum, direct bolt in design. Re-uses stock pawl centering pin, shift forks and fork rods.
- High Durability - Machined splines on the pawl to transmission lever provide less chance of stripping. Precision TIG welded shaft to ratchet pawl body combined with improved mechanical press fit design increase long term durability.
- 2 yr, 24,000 mile warranty
The BAKER Cruise Drive Smooth Shift Kit (PN 602-CD6) is available now for purchase for the Retail cost of $399.
Visit www.bakerdrivetrain.com, or call (877) 640-2004 for any further questions.