2012 Product Displays and more on 3rd and Lazelle, Motorcycle Demo Rides at I-90/Exit 30 Lot
MILWAUKEE (July 12, 2011) – Harley-Davidson riders and enthusiasts will revel in one of the motorcycle world’s most unique and exciting events at the 71st Annual Sturgis Motorcycle Rally in South Dakota’s legendary Black Hills region.
The Harley-Davidson Road Tour will run from Saturday, August 6 through Saturday, August 13 at its location at the intersection of 3rd and Lazelle streets in downtown Sturgis. All Harley-Davidson activities in Sturgis are free of charge and include the following:
- New 2012 Harley-Davidson motorcycles, H-D1 customization and MotorClothes® riding gear and apparel, including free helmet fittings
- Harley-Davidson Custom Ride-In Show, Thursday August 11
- XR1200 Racing Experience presented by Harley-Davidson Insurance
- Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA) pin sales and Custom Motorcycle Raffle
- Free Bike Wash
- Willie G. Commemorative Merchandise
- AMD World Championship of Custom Bike Building, August 8-10
- Women’s Area including the JUMPSTART rider experience, bike lift and more
Harley-Davidson demo rides for the new 2012 motorcycles will be available in Sturgis at Hersrud’s Chevrolet Dealership near Interstate 90 at Exit 30 from Saturday, August 6 to Friday, August 12. Riders can enjoy as many bikes as they want, but must have a valid motorcycle license and adhere to riding gear requirements and safety rules. There will also be a 2012 Harley-Davidson motorcycle display at this location, including a Fit Shop display for motorcycle customization.
For a complete listing of Harley-Davidson events at the 2011 Sturgis Rally, please visit www.harley-davidson.com/sturgis.
Some incredibly creative and passionately customized bikes at the Sturgis Rally will be displayed at the Harley-Davidson Ride-In Show, on Thursday, Aug. 11 at 3rd and Lazelle streets. There is a $10 entry fee, and all proceeds will be donated to MDA with cash prizes awarded in all categories.
There will be a pin stop and merchandise sales for Harley Owners Group (H.O.G.) members at the Harley-Davidson Lazelle Street location, H.O.G. members can get a special pin at the AHDRA races, and more information on other H.O.G. events is available at www.members.hog.com.
Race fans will be able to check out the AHDRA Screamin’ Eagle Performance Parts Race at the Sturgis Dragway on August 10 and August 11, so visit www.ahdra.com for more details.